Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's been a very busy week. The members of my campaign team and I are feeling some momentum build behind us, and it's quite a rush.

Folks in the media like to ask me how I like campaigning. I get the sense that they're implying that I can't hack the political side of public policy making.

But I love it! I tell them that it feels liberating.

I can finally say exactly what I think without having to worry about whether or not I've made the mayor or the City Council angry.

I can finally talk directly to my real bosses, the people of Kansas City.

Anyway, it's been a busy week. Here's a sampling of the media attention our campaign has gotten:

Candidates For Mayor Speak at First Forum
Kansas City Star, January 17

Mayoral Candidates Focus on City's Fix-It List
Channel 9, January 16

Funkhouser Walks (and Talks) On Water
KC Buzz Blog, January 16

Funkhouser Draws Most Applause at MLK Forum
KC Buzz Blog, January 15

Funkhouser Leads all Mayoral candidates in straw poll at Northland Mayoral Debate
Community Coalition to Fix Berry Road, January 10, 2007

Mayoral Candidate: KC Should Limit TIF Projects
KMBC, January 10, 2007

Funkhouser Speaks Up For Taxpayers
Kansas City Star, January 11, 2007

First Mayoral Poll Made Public
KC Buzz Blog, January 10, 2007

Funkhouser/Fairfield Smackdown
KC Buzz Blog, January 10, 2007

Northland Mayoral Candidate Forum
KC Buzz Blog, January 10, 2007

Stay tuned, folks! There'll be more where that came from.

No comments: